Wednesday 15 April 2015

Still Awake

I waited all night in my room to wake up from this nightmare and I haven't. It's time to accept that if this is a nightmare it's not one that's ending soon.

Muffin is dead. I've killed him. There's nothing I can do about that.

It... It had to be done eventually anyway. Besides I was sleepwalking... Or something... Wait...

This shouldn't be possible.
It is
You can't be here.
I am
No... How, when?!
Back in the alley. I slipped a portion of myself into you while we were talking.
That's impossible, Lisa would have sensed you and when we got here Richard would have found you.
My entire point in being is to go undetected. I can lay completely dormant inside of someone for as long as I want and I lay dormant in you. Your friend Lisa could detect me when I wanted her too, but even The Fears can't detect me if I don't want them to, so your friend's weakened form of detection didn't have a chance. Richard couldn't detect me either. Well he probably did, just before he tackled you in front of a window. He still wasn't expecting it. The only reason he beat me before is because I spread myself too thin and wasn't expecting him. This time the opposite was true. No matter how powerful he might have become a shard of a shard is still lesser and now he's gone. I passed from Brian to Lionel to Seth and have erased all traces of Richard. 
Why?
Eliminating threats of course.
No, why did you kill Muffin?
Repaying you for freeing Sergei. I suppose.
I didn't need your help.
Of course you did. Though I must also admit, it's just fun. You break so amusingly.
So, that's it? You kill Muffin get me all the essences I need except yours and then kill me?
Well I don't intend to kill you. I intend to use you. You've built up quite a network of friends I could travel through and of course once again through you I've achieved what I set out to achieve when we first met.
The Ordeal.
Correct. With Richard gone, I can take control of them at my leisure and through them I'll have access to the runners and through them and you I can get access to The Archive even.
All I still need to complete this key is your essence.
Yep... So close.
That's all you shards are. Essences. Tiny essences of the creature known as The Dying Man.
If you're trying to insult me, you're doing a good job and you should know I can hurt you in many ways from in here.
No matter how spread out you are among how many people you're still just one creature, correct?
I see what you're getting at. Yes, if you'd killed me way back in that alley when I gave you the chance you'd of killed me completely. The entire Shard known as The Liar would have been absorbed into the pocket watch. Too bad you did

It's Harold. Amanda wasn't responding so I came up to check on her and found her dead. One of her hands was in her pocket grasping the pocketwatch and this was on her computer. All the numbers on the pocket watch are glowing. I think that means the key is complete. Too bad we don't know what to do with it.

I guess Rest In Peace, Amanda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment