Tuesday 7 April 2015

Homecoming.

Returning to The Ordeal headquarters is not something I thought I'd be doing at any point, but a few of my allies raised very good points on the subject. The Ordeal are essentially a small military group who like me, are willing to fight against the fears and to a degree have the ability to actually be effective in that area. What's likely coming in the next little while will be a war and they'll be useful allies. I don't want any of them hurt of course, but it does seem like they're our best hope. The Muffin Man, Ariadne, Harold and all the forces of The Wooden Girl that she was willing to send us on one side. Myself, The Ordeal, Portnoy and Dr. Malice on the other. Soon we'll be fighting against an amassed army of Nests, Timberwolves and who knows what else might end up coming to help.

With any luck it might just be a fair fight and if we do well enough we might be able to accomplish something here.

Of course the oncoming storm aside there was a much smaller personal storm to weather upon my return. My friends and the other members of The Ordeal were not happy about my leaving and I had to endure many people yelling at me and telling me off for my stupidity. All of it of course well deserved and I handled it with the knowledge that I deserved it and that they were only yelling at me because they cared. Aside from the yelling there were also a number of tearful reunions and one or two sorrowful recollections among the people who had met Lisa and knew about her. Once all that was over though I informed The Ordeal about the situation and the plan and they were mostly happily on board. It seems there's not a one of them who wouldn't be willing to fight to their last to strike a meaningful blow against The Fears.

So, yeah. I have two armies on my side and hopefully it will be enough.

The enemy is already showing it's face. If I'm still alive tomorrow I'm sure I'll be recounting to you the first day of a War.

No comments:

Post a Comment