Sunday 5 April 2015

Contact

Ariadne contacted me shortly after my last post. A girl who from description sounded a lot like "Sally" managed to avoid the various servants watching us and got to the front door where in she met Dr. Malice and handed him a note for me before fleeing. The note listed coordinates and instructions alongside a message.

The message read:

"Dear Amanda,

It seems you have unintentionally created an impasse. My lady and I cannot access your friend The Muffin Man without being caught by The Fears and therefore you can't get your watch back. Simply waiting this out would not benefit either of us as with each passing minute the chance of the death of your friend The Muffin Man grows. Neither of us want him dead, at least until we manage to get the essences from him and so in a sense it is in both our best interests to see this impasse lifted.

My mistress and I have a suggestion as to how to end this that I think will be mutually agreeable.

You and your friends can of course leave anytime you wish. The Muffin Man has access to The God's Way as well as every normal domain.

The God's Way however is not safe as The Fears will be waiting for that and of course the servant paths have their own problems. I'd say you could get safe passage through The Screaming Tower, but I doubt you'd trust that, however there is another domain you can pass through. The Rake's domain is still active and The Muffin Man should be able to escape that way. However I request that you not escape with him. Instead I suggest we meet to talk. I will not ask you to come alone. You wouldn't be able to anyway. Your friend The Brute has his own domain. Have him bring you to these coordinates while The Muffin Man makes his getaway.

As I've said before I have grown fond of you and have no desire to kill you. I hope we can come to an agreement that will be beneficial to us both.

your friend, Ariadne"

The plan was sound the only question was whether or not to meet with Ariadne.

The obvious answer is hell no, however a meeting with Ariadne and/or The Wooden Girl was the entire point of this endeavor and she pretty much told me to bring Harold. I can't imagine myself in much danger with The Brute beside me. Besides I... kind of actually believe her. About not wanting to kill me anyway. I guess it is worth it just to talk to her. Who knows maybe this could actually be mutually beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment