Tuesday 14 April 2015

Please be a dream

It was like a nightmare. I thought it was just a nightmare. I felt strangely tired last night right after posting and then I... I thought I fell asleep. I had a nightmare... I'm still having a nightmare, I think, I hope. I was sleepwalking. I walked through the halls of The Ordeal Compound and to Muffin's room. I entered and Muffin was there with Megan. They both turned as I entered. I felt something heavy in my hand. It was the pocket watch. Muffin stood up and approached me. "I was waiting for you," he said and then turned to Megan, "Remember what I told you," he ordered her and she nodded. He then stepped right in front of me and reached out to grab my wrist. "I suppose technically we all owe you for what you're about to do. As much as Amanda will hate you for it and regardless of the fact you're not doing it for any of our benefits. You never do anything just to benefit others," he stated and then turned his head back to Megan and I could see tears in her eyes, "I love you, Megan," Muffin stated and she merely nodded then my hand shot forward pressing the pocket watch to his chest. There wasn't time for him to even turn back towards me, before his body crumpled into dust. Megan didn't even move though she did look away. I turned the pocket watch to me and opened it. All of the numbers were glowing except the number 1. I thought it was just a nightmare then. I expected to wake up back in my room... I was partly right. I woke up standing in Muffin's room. Holding the almost completed Pocket Watch. I remember asking what happened and Megan turned on me with hatred.
 "He told me not to blame you. That it wasn't your fault. That's the only reason you're still alive right now," she said. I tried to apologize and she screamed at me. I left and retreated to my room. Dreams within Dreams. That's all this is. I'm going to wake up soon. This is just The Grotesque. A simple nightmare and I'll wake up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment