Saturday 18 April 2015

So it occurred to me there are a few things I didn't notice and thus didn't mention in my last post. First of all considering that I made a big point of how we're disconnected from the outside world here how in the hell am I writing these posts and sending them? Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I don't understand it either. There are a lot of things relating to blogs and the act of blogging in regards to The Fears that I don't think we'll ever get an answer too.

Like how do blogs manage to travel to other universes and why do we almost never if ever see more than one blog from the same person coming from different universes? I've stopped questioning that kind of stuff.

As for the second thing... I didn't dwell much on the corpses that line this place. Corpses are unfortunately not that much of a bother too me, given my nature. However I should talk about them more. They seem to come in about three variants with small differences. You have the ones like we first ran into that simply lie around unless acted on, others that seem to crawl around and lastly standing ones that appear to have become homicidal for some reason and rush us attempting to kill us in a Berserker Fury. So, yeah they're all hostile. The unmoving ones will try to grab and bite you if you somehow cause them to become attentive. The crawling ones will try to grab and bite you if you go near them and the berserker ones will charge at you on sight and try to grab, bite and gouge out your eyes.

However the thing we noticed about them is that they are all naked. In fact they're all missing any sort of extra accessories that aren't part of the normal human body. Some even missing parts of their normal human bodies.

It appears that when you die whatever ends up here doesn't bring clothes or other accessories. I guess that whole "You can't take it with you" thing is true. I guess the fact we're clothed and have our stuff means Portnoy didn't kill us to bring us here.

We spent a nightmare time here searching what is essentially an infinite expanse of things that want to hurt us, but are mercifully bad at doing so. Also indestructible. Did I mention that one already? They can't be harmed. I cut off one of the berserker one's arms and the arm regenerated even as my blade slid through it. So, we've been fighting them off and running away until eventually we found Portnoy again and he had found Amanda.

Amanda wasn't like the other corpses. She seemed to have retained herself to a degree at least. She wasn't quite herself and Portnoy was guiding her around like a child. With her, however, were other people. She was followed around by ghostly images of Muffin, that Adrian guy and I assume everyone else who had been killed by The pocket watch to make the key. There was even some strange leech like thing wrapped around her arm that I'm pretty sure was some symbolic representation of The Liar. The other dead people won't come near her so, we're all just hanging around here for now trying to figure out what to do.

Oh and Ariadne apparently carries her Sally outfit with her and so Amanda is dressed in "Sally's" clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment