Friday 10 April 2015

New plans

There's no getting out of the building now. The birds are covering the skies and going outside would be asking to be hit by lightning. Lightning has also been striking the building repeatedly which is definitely rattling some nerves. The Dove and his nests are now apparent alongside Muffin's Father, whom Muffin said is named Adrian, and The Timberwolves. Still no sign of Faceless though. The Brute's power is growing though and he came up with a plan to handle The Nests apparently. Wouldn't say what it was. He says he can put it into effect whenever we most need it, but it would only last for a short time.

Today Adrian decided to try and enrage Muffin again. Probably hoping Muffin would run outside again and they could shoot him. Luckily Muffin was true to his word and managed not to this time.

I'm sure you're aware Muffin has a sister named Megan whom is essentially Muffin's entire reason for living as I understand it. Well this time Adrian tried to get at Muffin through her and I'm amazed at his restraint. Adrian spoke and the entire area could hear it. "Nathan I wanted you to know. Megan is here. The Cold Boy owed us a favour and we used it to get her here. I'm sure you want to see her. You haven't seen her since she went to serve, come on down and it will be a happy family reunion. Right up until you die. Course you could stay up there and I'll just kill her. You already know I have no problem doing so..." he stated.

I sat at my position and listened and then Muffin was beside me. He put a hand on my shoulder and told me he had a plan. He told me the plan. It was a good one. We got Muffin a way to respond and then I went to talk to Harold. It wasn't part of Muffin's plan exactly, he'd merely requested a diversion, but this seemed as good an option as any. Muffin's response to Adrian went like this.

"You're a terrible liar, Dad. The Cold Boy doesn't owe The Archangel anything. The two hate each other. You'd know that except you were dead at the time. I wonder who was responsible for that?"

Adrian responded shortly after, "That's called Patricide, by the way. It's considered a terrible crime. It wasn't The Archangel, The Cold Boy owed it was The Convocation. They're on our side too if you haven't noticed,"

Muffin responded with, "what's it called when you try to kill your own children? Pretty sure people consider that a worse crime. If Megan is there show her to me,"

At which point they did. You're probably wondering, considering that we can't really go near the windows how I know what's happening outside. It's Harold. Through The Brute's eyes he can see the entirety of the battlefield and generally keeps a running commentary on everything that happens.

Megan was brought forward by The Dove to stand beside Adrian. Well I say brought forward, but she was more urged forward since no one was willing to actually touch her.

As soon as there was confirmation that Megan was there Muffin acted. He godswayed out to just in front of Megan and Adrian and reached forward grabbing hold of both of them as at the same moment Harold went ahead with his plan and it was a better result than I could have possibly dreamed. Well in any normal dream anyway.

The Brute appeared on top of the roof and let out a roar that shook the battlefield. The Birds moved to attack and then it began to rain fire. It wasn't a cosmetic change this time. Balls of flame fell from the sky crashing into the earth hard enough to leave craters and from the craters came forth demonic beasts of smoke and steel that tore into any living thing surrounding them. The Birds seemed panicked as they tried to avoid the deadly rain. In the middle of all of this Muffin managed to pull Megan and Adrian into the Godsway and then the three of them popped into existence right in front of me. Muffin released Adrian and pulled himself and Megan away. Adrian was confused and turned to me as if expecting me to attack him. He must of been very surprised when Muffin slammed The Pocket Watch into his back. He stared straight forward at me with a look of incomprehension and then transitioned into dust. Muffin opened the pocket watch to reveal the number 2 was glowing then closed it and dropped it into my hand. He thanked me for trusting him and lending him the pocket watch then left to talk to Megan.

As for The Brute, Harold wasn't lying when he said it wouldn't last long. The Fire Rain and Warriors only lasted about a minute, but they'd done a ton of damage. Unfortunately The Brute had used up pretty much all of his power to do it even for that long and it wasn't likely he'd be able to do anything like that again for a few days and there was no way we were planning to let this war continue that long.

Now amid all this good news there's some bad news. Apparently I've started sleepwalking or something and almost died.

Brian was patrolling when he saw me walking around. He came over to ask me what I was doing when I apparently walked over to a window. He tackled me just barely managing to drop me before a bullet did. I don't remember anything from going to sleep to waking up with Brian on top of me and glass around me. Melissa's been given the job of watching me while I sleep now to make sure this doesn't happen again. After that though I couldn't really fall back to sleep and so I wrote up this report of what happened yesterday. I probably should try to sleep. I'll need to be awake and alert tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment