Thursday 5 March 2015

Nightmares

I feel I may have neglected you for the last little while, but I've been busy with running, explaining things to friends, planning things with friends and myself, obsessing over the Pocket watch and thinking.

Not much has changed since my last post in terms of my situation. Lisa is still with me and is now caught up on what Jack told me. Muffin, Portnoy and Dr. Malice are now also aware, but I'm still on my own on that front as they appear to have their own plans to deal with this. I've been constantly on the move. Lisa is surprisingly adept at finding places to live, food and other useful materials while on the run. My guess is it's a result of the memories that are still returning to her. So, doing pretty well on the whole now being a runner thing. I'd probably be dead in a day without her... So hopefully nothing happens to her.

As I said though I've been thinking and I think Jack's threat, might have been a bit... er bluffy? Is that a word?

Yeah according to my dreams of that other universe Jack created The Fears, but there's nothing to suggest they actually work for him directly so, I'm not sure I buy that he can just set them after me. If anything they've shown a rather rebellious attitude towards him historically. I mean they didn't really know their own origins until Muffin told them about it, but even so they've always seemed to treat Jack as at best a necessary evil to associate with at times and at worst an enemy to be shunned and hated. I don't see them coming after me just because Jack told them to and I see them coming after me even less so if he tells them that the reason they should come after me is because I might be a danger to him.

If anything most of them would be happy to help me take him down a peg... however I'm supposed to do that...

Still... If Jack told me they'd come after me he must of had a reason for it... It's occurred to me the entire thing might have been a lie, but even then I don't think Jack would tell me all of that for literally no reason. He has to of had some intention in telling me these things. So... It's best to remain cautious no matter what.

Also while I am still mostly convinced that Jack's threat is a lie it is definitely true that something is taking an interest in me. Lisa goes out on occasion in each town we stay at. Mostly to procure things and just find out about anything useful in the surrounding area and recently she's reported lots of sightings of things of a... abnormal nature. Things of and relating to The Fears. Occasionally servants or servant activities or unusually large numbers of runners. Things that would suggest some kind of event starting to take place.

Omens I suppose you could say.

We're keeping an eye on it and I'm not stupid enough to assume that I'm automatically right... anymore...

Right so I'm not assuming that I'm right. We're going on the safer assumption that Jack was telling the truth, however unlikely it seems, and reacting with proper levels of paranoia.

I'm also keeping the Pocketwatch nearby at all times... Strangely enough it seems to have an effect on my dreams if I fall asleep while holding it. The effect being most often that I no longer have any dreams.

However on one occasion and only one so far. I had a dream that was different from most others. Normally I dream of things that occurred in the past. Recently my dreams have gotten closer to events that took place in the very recent past such as my meeting with Lisa. However only since I've gotten the pocketwatch and begun sleeping with it in hand have I had any dreams of the present or possibly future.

It was more symbolic than usual even and also was not a seamless sequence of events like usual.

It was more like snippets of events.

A man cloaked in flames who I'm pretty sure was Harold setting fire to a building made out of ice.

A room filled with spiderwebs and a woman wrapped in strings who smiled at me and then... well burst open to reveal a large humanoid spider...

A massive stone maze in the center of which the minotaur howled and held up a bloodied mask.

and lastly a static scene of what looked like the classical image of heaven, but the gates were locked up with chains that had locks on them. Each lock had no keyhole, but instead had a symbol on it. I recognized some of the symbols, The Twin Triangles, The Stick and The Serpent, The Operator Symbol... You know The Fear symbols. I assume they were all the symbols of the fears.

You might wonder how do I know these are from the present or future... Well I don't... Mostly it's just a feeling however I'm pretty sure the feeling is correct as one of them most likely happened the same night I had the dream. The next morning there was a news report about a museum being burned to the ground. Lisa confirmed that The Museum was a location known to be used by The Children of The Cold. As well the police were looking for someone matching Harold's description who had been seen entering the building shortly before it burned down.

So, call it a hunch, but that one at least was probably dreaming of the present. The rest I don't know about... But it feels like they're also something that was happening at the time or something that was going to happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment