Sunday 22 March 2015

Betrayal

I went to see Sally at the new place. I found her suspended from the ceiling by strings. Strings crisscrossed the entire place like spiderwebs. I ran over to her and started trying to take her down when I felt a painful pinch on the back of my neck. I reached up and swatted a spider off of me and staggered back as she raised her head and grinned at me. The string's snapped and she fell to the ground, lowering her hand to the ground for the spider to crawl up onto her hand. "Don't worry it won't kill you," she told me as she went and retrieved her Didgeridoo case from the corner. She opened it and drew out the red spider dress and staff from within and proceeded to put on the dress as I managed to stumble back against the wall. My vision was getting blurry. "I could say I've actually grown a bit fond of you in our time together, which is the only reason I haven't killed you up till now and why I thought of a way to be rid of you without having to end your life. In fact two ways," she stated and then something slid out of the sleeve of her dress. It was The Pocket Watch.

"My mistress is a genius unlike the other fears. Sure if you release the creature it will probably destroy us. That's true, but if we kill you what will we do then? Take the watch and somehow try and stop The Man In Grey from taking it back and giving it to someone else just to do this all again? No. She figures that what The Fears should do is just take the pocket watch and release it themselves. The way she sees it if we release it it will probably be lenient on The Fears and merely go after Jack who none of us would have any hard feelings about seeing discomfited. The other's disagreed in their foolishness and were set on killing you. So, she'll carry her plan out by herself. Perhaps with even better results," Sally/Ariadne explained.

"Makes sense to me," I stated in a voice that to me sounded like someone who was seconds away from throwing up which was accurate, "What are you going to do with me now?"

"Well you get to choose. The first option. Join up? You'd make a wonderful Doll, I'm sure," she offered. I frantically shook my head which made me feel worse and I dropped to my knees, "Well then the other choice is that you go away somewhere were you can't become a problem for us ever again," she informed me. I tried to tell her that she could take her staff and go fuck herself with it and vow that I would find a way back and that I would kill her for this betrayal. However, it was at this point that I lost consciousness.

When I awoke I was in a city. There didn't seem to be anyone around. Ariadne, or whoever had actually brought me here since I doubt Ariadne would do it herself, had not seen fit to provide me with my laptop. Luckily there was an internet Cafe just up a side street. No one was there, but the computers worked and for just a single Toonie. I had internet access and amazingly, or at least it would be amazing if I didn't already figure out what was going on.  the internet browser loaded up my blog for me with me already signed in.

I'm pretty sure I'm in The Empty City... Or Silent Hill, but The Empty City seems more likely.

I figure I'm stuck here and I'll never find out whether Lisa is okay or not. I can't believe my story is going to end like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment