Saturday 7 March 2015

I don't know if you can read this...

... but, I think you might of blown your whole wad on that first night, Grotesque. Last nights torture was... Terrible I'll readily admit that, but I don't think anything as mundane as that is gonna leave as much of an impression as that first night did. Just saying.

It would be somewhat tedious to go into the details of exactly what happened last night in my nightmares and I apologize for forcing you to read through all the details last time. Suffice to say, pain, mutilation and various forms of physical torment were involved.

I woke up in pain and in tears and I am in no way suggesting that this nightly torture has stopped being extremely disturbing and horrifying. Just that the first nightmare was far more traumatizing then this more recent one has been.

Oh right also I killed someone today.

I'm sort of in shock about that in fact and it might be responsible for why I actually feel so calm.

I'll get to it in a moment, but it has made me rethink things. The nature of these recent events have been arguably subtle. Not in terms of their approach obviously. The grotesque purposely introducing itself into my dreams is hardly subtle and a mad man bursting into my bedroom just as I awoke and attempting to strangle me to death is not subtle either. However they have been subtle in that they've left it ambiguous as to why.

It could very well be that these are all related to Jack's threat or that they could be random occurrences. However the chance of two random occurrences that cannot in fact be confirmed as random occurrences and of course the overall coincidental natures of these things has started to make me reverse my decision.

I no longer believe Jack's threat is false. I don't know how, but I'm fairly sure he has found a way to convince some of if not all The Fears to come after me and he instead desires me to believe his threat false. What does this actually change? Not much. As I've said regardless of the verifiability of the threat we have been acting as though the threat was true regardless simply because it was safer to assume so regardless of personal opinions.

I suppose I should tell you about the person I... Neutralized.

Lisa and I sleep in the same bed. Normally we actually don't as we both enjoy lots of room to sleep, however we decided to share a bed as I had hoped that her presence might mitigate the effect of The Grotesque's nightmares. Which unfortunately did not work.

She was awakened by a sound and left the bedroom to check on it at which point she stepped out of the bedroom into what can only be described as a spider web. The moment her body came into contact with the patterned string the string looped around her pulling her tightly against the web which then began to envelope her and apparently attached her to the ceiling fully bound to the point where she couldn't move at all. She did not see anything that happened after her binding, so I'm not sure if anything happened in the interim, but after that I woke up from my nightmares to find a crazed looking man standing at the foot of the bed. He was swaying drunkenly and at first I wasn't sure I had awoken from my nightmares at all. He pounced onto the bed standing and brought his fists upwards as he stood over me. I felt something incredibly thin and soft slide around my throat and then abruptly tighten and pull my head upwards. I tried to scream, but the string was tight enough around my throat to make it impossible. In fact a later examination would find that the string had been tight enough to of started to cut into the flesh leaving a thin bloody line around my neck. I tried to grab at the string, but the part around my neck was too tight to grasp and the parts of it that must have been attached to his hands were so thin as to be invisible and my desperate hands failed to contact them at all. With my other hand I desperately struck with the object I was holding.

Which happened to be the watch. It struck the side of his head and probably would have done nothing if it was an ordinary pocket watch. However, in this case when it struck him it was like all the lights went out of the world. It was like being back in The Grotesque's world of nightmares. Everything was pitch black and yet I could plainly see. The string wrapped around my neck disappeared and I could see it turn to ash in his hands as did all the rest of the strings wrapped around his body. His flesh began to I don't even know... It was like it was cracking and turning into dust and then there was a sound like fluttering wings and then well his skin just all turned to dust and his muscles and organs. There was just a skull and then the pocket watch fell to the floor and the completely clean skeleton of the man I murdered fell on me. I immediately of course shoved it off of me, grabbed the pocket watch and rushed out of the room. In the other room I found someone else. It was a woman in a a red and black dress with a spiderweb motif. She held in her hand a staff topped with a roll of thread that seemed to be constantly moving and fidgeting. A single thread led from the staff to the cocooned Lisa. A spider was slowly crawling across the thread and The woman looked at me with what can only be described as irritation. I had seen her before. In the other universe Muffin had met her... He had killed her indirectly while she was in a delusional state brought on by Dreslith's power. I let the pocket watch fall from my hand and instead merely grabbed onto the chain beginning to spin it in my hand.

"Do you know what happened to the puppet you sent in to kill me?" I asked spinning the pocket watch.

She nodded though she didn't really seem afraid or even interested in me.

"Want the same to happen to you?" I asked trying to seem threatening despite the fact I was still actually stunned and terrified by what had just happened and I don't think I actually would have had the guts to do it purposely. She gave a small shrug in response anyway and tugged on her staff. The thread detached from the cocoon and seemed to shoot back into the end of the staff dragging the spider with it. She then turned and casually walked out.

I remained standing there for a bit then fell to my knees and retched for a bit though I didn't actually throw up. Shortly after I decided to check the cocoon and managed to free Lisa. Apparently she had been suffocating in there which makes me wonder what the point of the spider was. If she was going to die of asphyxiation anyway why bother sending a spider? I imagine they're poisonous or something, but who knows. That woman is a strange one and having only ever seen her in the delusional state I don't actually know anything about her

Lisa has been resting and I think the shock is starting to wear off. My hands are trembling... I think I'm going to go see how she's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment