Thursday 19 March 2015

I still don't know what's real, but it doesn't matter.

If I let myself get hung up on what's real and what isn't I'll end up dead and Not!Faceless is wrong. The likelihood that this is all a dream is possible, but if it is it seems most likely that it's a coma dream and I'm fairly sure dying here dream or not would have negative consequences on the real me either dying or possibly being the symbolic sign of my body giving up in the real world so I'm not gonna just let myself die.

I'm gonna try not to think about what's real and just carry on this story to it's conclusion.

Actually there you go. It's a story Amanda. Dream or not it's a story and it's your job as the protagonist to make sure it ends happily. Just keep that in mind. You like stories and you hate downer endings. Don't let this one end on a downer.

Now then what to do about the other major problem facing me...

I can't succeed in this mission without killing people... Well maybe I can just tell Muffin or the others and give one of them the pocket watch. I mean nothing actually said I have to be the one using The pocket watch did they? It's worth a try? I'm... pretty sure just giving it to hold won't kill them anyway... Probably... The Liar grabbed it with no problem... I'm sure it wasn't just because it was her. I mean... Okay probably best not to test on my friends, but... I don't really want to test on anyone... This is infuriating. Still feeling sick as well btw, but aside from a bit of vomiting there's nothing else and I guess the good thing is if it is a dream it probably won't really affect me so I can safely ignore it.

Right... So... I know you aren't aware there was a massive pause just there, but it's been a little while between the last paragraph and this one. Mostly because we were just attacked. I was about to end the post and then Lisa yelled out she was sensing a Fear shortly before someone crashed through a window. It was Faceless. He crashed through the glass and stood up from the floor with pieces of glass embedded in his skin and immediately rushed at me. I managed to avoid getting decapitated by the machete by throwing myself out of my chair, however he caught me around the throat and slammed me down through the table. It hurt like hell and unfortunately caused the screen on my laptop to crack as it fell off the table. I can still use it, but the crack is annoyingly visible and blocks off most of the lower left corner of the screen.

Anyway so he's standing over me and Lisa rushes at him. He turns and slashes at her, but she fell back and slid under his legs before  turning and punching him in the lower back. He stumbled forward turned, tore one of the glass shards out of his arm and tossed it at her. It hit her in the throat and she began choking and fell over. I could see quite a bit of blood coming from her neck as she fell. I screamed and then he was on me. He was kneeling over me and his hand moved holding my head down as he moved The Machete the blade of it barely touching my throat.

"Real enough for you, Amanda?" he taunted and I pulled the pocket watch from my pocket and slammed it into his head. It didn't happen. Nothing happened. "Surprised? You can't death touch the dead," he explained and I could hear the smirk I was imagining on the mouth that would be all that was left of his face. I was going to die and I started panicking. I began desperately smashing the pocket watch against the side of his head knowing nothing would happen. He didn't even seem hurt by the constant smashing of a heavy metal watch against his temple. I felt the blade moving with an intense pain as it began to cut into my throat. I wanted to look at Lisa. I wanted her to be the last thing I saw, but his hand held my head forcing me to stare at his mask. It was then Sally rushed in. Her instrument case thrust in under his chin and then lifted tugging him off of me with I noticed more strength than it seemed. It was like he was almost yanked off of me. He stumbled back a bit than did some sort of complicated motion and there was a sound like snapping. I think he might have snapped one of his bones for some reason.

He looked at Sally then at me and then at Lisa and shrugged. "I suppose I've done enough for now," he stated with a shrug. Sally ran at him and he dashed to the window and jumped out again. I turned onto my stomach and crawled over to Lisa. She wasn't breathing... There was blood pooling out of her neck. "Call an ambulance," I croaked to Sally and she hesitated and in that moment I began to hate her. It's stupid, but that hesitation has made me hate her. She did call the ambulance though and I lay on the ground feeling unable to do any more than just hold my head against Lisa's side and cry.

Eventually the ambulance showed up and the rest is a blur. I woke up later in a hospital bed, my throat bandaged. Sally was there and she handed me the laptop. I'm not allowed to get up yet and I don't know if Lisa is okay... I don't know what I'll do if he killed her...

No comments:

Post a Comment