Tuesday 17 February 2015

Awakening

I had a dream while I slept. Catherine was in it. I dreamed of her as she was when she was part of the darkness. The image was grotesque. Her head was split into three parts. A face that was hers, but that appeared rotted and distorted was the middle portion. Her eyes appeared at once both listless and as simply deep holes. The right portion was strange. It was a blank slate that appeared to have features hastily drawn on. A mouth drawn into a permanent grin and painted eyes filled with disdain for everything they saw. The left portion of the face was simply a blank white mask that I had seen before. The strange three faced figure was standing opposite a man who appeared human though dark shadows swirled around him and a mark like that of a red hand obscured his face. He seemed to be conversing and then he stepped forward grabbing Catherine and pulling her free of the creature she was part of. As this happened the creature's form shifted and the right face became the center face as the left face moved to the back of the head. Catherine was being held in the figure's arms and her body was incomplete. Pieces of her were missing. Torn off as she split from the creature. The strange man plunged a knife into her as he held her and her body seemed to shatter. The scene changed then to a city street. Catherine appeared there, her form even more broken and incomplete. She staggered around seeming confused and eventually collapsed. A new figure appeared and this one was human though their face was obscured by a clock face and their body was surrounded by chains that all fed into the clock and wrapped around her limbs. I didn't need to see the face though to know who it was. I remembered this. It was me when I found Catherine. I couldn't figure out why I appeared like that and I awoke soon after.

Someone was shaking me awake. I thought it would be Harold, but coincidentally it was Catherine. She asked me what I was doing there and I spent the next few minutes just telling her everything that happened and venting about how stupid and delusional I'd been. She sat listened and comforted me and only afterwards did I think to ask why she was there. She was hesitant to answer and finally told me that she had been told she'd find a client here. I asked what she meant by client.

"Well... I work for a man who... helps people. He told me there was someone here who could use his help. I was sent to go get them," she explained. I have to admit her answer had me a bit suspicious, but I trust her, so instead of prying about this man or his help I simply asked if she found the client. She smiled weakly. "I believe so. I believe he meant you," she stated. I blinked.

"I don't need this man's help!" I responded angrily for reasons I'm not actually clear on. She shrugged.

"He said I'd find someone sleeping here who ran away from home and who needs some help finding direction. You ran away from The Ordeal and don't seem to know what to do now so... yeah you pretty much fit the description perfectly," she explained. I had to agree and my curiousity about this man was piqued upon hearing this description. I agreed to let her take me to this man.

We left then, but apparently he lives pretty far and on the way we stopped to get some dinner and I'm writing this before we continue on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment